|HOME||REBELLION AND THE CARY YEOMANRY||NEW WORLDWIDE WARRANT LOCATIONS|
THE PROVINCIAL GRAND LODGE OF CARY AND DUNLUCE
It was the brethren of North Antrim who founded the first District Committee in Ireland, known as the Provincial Grand Lodge of Cary and Dunluce.
On 2nd June 1834 at Lodge 229, Dervock Lodge Room, the formation of the first Provincial Grand Lodge in Ireland, took place. R.W. Rev Walter Bishop Mant, Archdeacon of Connor presided as Provincial Grand Master.
This meeting was attended by representatives of eighteen Lodges out of the thirty five lodges in the District.
The 25th January 1836, saw the formation of The Provincial Grand Lodges of Belfast, Antrim and Masserene. The Marquess of Donegal was then installed as Provincial Grand Master.
Map showing the boundries of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Cary & Dunluce
Map of Cary and Dunluce Area
|Return to top||Next Page|
Powered by WebRing.